The Mitt's Definitions
So our next step after salvation is reconciliation or restoration. In reconciliation, we are free and responsible (not alone only but within the church) to begin the process of choosing to exchanging our sin nature for a new free life in the Holy Spirit by faith. In same way, Jesus chose to exchanged His life for all who call on Him! Therefore, we can now seek spiritual maturity since we are eternally assured of a new relationship, a new hope and a new life.
'The Mitt' Dictionary Supports:
1. Admit - To concede as true or valid (compelled to admit failure); To allow scope for: Permit; To make acknowledgment or consideration stage.
2. Submit - To yield oneself to the authority or will of another: Contemplation stage two continues the surrendering process; To yield to governance or authority, To permit oneself to be subjected to something, To defer to or consent to abide by the opinion or authority of another.3. Remit - To release from the guilt or penalty of (sins) When people begin to understand something must be done, they are now more willing to turn from the old towards the new; To lay aside partly or wholly (a mood or disposition); To desist from (an activity); To give relief from (suffering) ; To submit or refer for consideration, judgment, decision, or action: Remand; To restore or consign to a former status or condition stage three the conviction stage is a personal motivation is reached to change.
4. Commit - To put into charge or trust: Entrust (implies committing with trust and confidence) stage four, a determination is acknowledged in a different direction to begin to change; To consign or record for preservation (commit it to memory) ;To pledge or assign to some particular course or use; To obligate or pledge oneself (Commit may express the general idea of delivering into another charge or the special sense of transferring to a superior power or to a special place of custody)5. Transmit - To cause or allow to spread: as (to convey by or as if by inheritance:) stage five is the Pass on, so verbal/nonverbal communicates the change; To send or convey from one person or place to another.
Relapse is when we backslide to a prior ungodly habit, thought or action.
Maintenance prevents relapse when we transmit by telling or teaching others about our newly learned lifestyles. Most important to remember: Transmitting reinforces the changed lifestyle. REFERENCE: Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary, Merriam-Webster Inc., Publishers, Springfield, MA, USA, 1990
Biblical Supports by Faith: 'The
MITT' is My personal on-going
journey towards maturity.
1. Admit (Consideration Stage) - Admit All Truths |1 John 5:11-13 - New Identity | Proverbs 14:15-16- Choices Foolish or Wise | John. 10:28-29 - Guaranteed Safety| Matthew 28:18-20 - Personal Call | Ps 119:9-11 - Guidance | Romans 3:23; 6:23 - Limits | Colossians 1:28-29 - Role2. Submit (Contemplation Stage) - Submit All to Biblical Principles James 4:7 - Stop; 1 John 1:7-9 - Discernment and Confession Process; 2 Corinthians 10:5 - Discern captive thoughts; Laminations 3:23-24 - His Faithfulness 1Cor. 10:13 - Action Warning
3. Remit (Conviction Stage) - Remit From My Past Failures | Luke 9:23 - Call |1 John 1:7 - Process | Romans 12:1 - Worship | Romans 12:2 - Do not relapse, be transformed by renewing mind| James 2:24-26 - Faith and Deeds
4. Commit (Determination Stage) - Commit to A New Lifestyle | 2 Timothy 3:16 and Jos .1:8 - Foundation | 2 Corinthians 5:7 - Faith Process | Ephesians 6:10-17 - Protection
5. Transmit (Pass on Stage) - Transmit Truths |1 Peter.3:15 and Act. 2:32 - Lordship| Matthew 28:18-20 - Commission | Matthew 22:37-40 -Attitude
Relapse - (Retuning Stage) This is usually an on-going return to the flesh NOT only once in a while. Hebrews 10:24-25 -Fellowship Role| 1 John 1:7-9 - Ours and Jesusí Role | James 1:2-4 Commit and Persevere & Most effective in maturing during trial
Maintenance prevents relapse - (Reinforcement stage) Remain active in an on-going fellowship. Pass on by telling or teaching | Act 1:8 - Sharing the gospel| Mark 1:35 - Quite Time| Eph. 6:13 Prayer | Heb. 10:24-25 - Fellowship
|Home | My Doctrine | A Free Gift | Mission | Post Your Testimony | Personal Sanctification | Christian Links | A Taste of Training |Discipleship| |Evangelism | Biblical Choices |Catch 'The Mitt'| God's Armor | Bearing Fruit | Classes | Trials ||